BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chris2377
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

I want to asses how some specific regulatory intervention (e.g. tax relief) affects time to firms' defaults using survival analysis. Since my covariate of interest is time-dependent (different firms receive tax reliefs in different moments of time, sometimes more than once), I want to use counting process syntax in the following way (I control also for the industry, in which firm operates, by including NACE code):

PROC PHREG DATA = my_data
CLASS industry_code
MODEL (tstart, tstop)*endpt(0) = treatment_variable industry_code/ TIES = EFRON RL;
RUN;

I've read the "Survival Analysis using SAS. A Practical Guide" book by Paul D. Allison. According to the book when using time-dependent covariates the model is no longer a proportional hazard anymore, but it "creates no real problem for the partial likelihood estimation method".

My questions are as follows:
1. Do I understand correctly that I don't have to verify the PH assumption prior to estimating the model?
2. If the answer to the previous question is "yes", are there any other assumptions that I have to verify to make sure that I can estimate the model as shown above?
3. Are the ways to asses goodness of fit the same for models with time-dependent covariates and "standard" PH models? Can use the statistics produced by the phreg or I need to adjust them somehow to account for using counting process syntax?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation