BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JR4012
Calcite | Level 5

When using proc orthoreg to build polynomials, I can create the models etc fine and the charts plot 95% Confidence and prediction intervals. I'm looking for a way to have details printed and the parameters used to construct them but can't find the correct syntax.

4 REPLIES 4
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Please post the PROC ORTHOREG code, the output, and explain what you wish to see.

Cingchih
Quartz | Level 8

I have the same problem as him. Take the following as an example.

data polynomial;
do i=1 to 101;
x=(i-1)/(101-1);
y=10**(9/2);
do j=0 to 8;
y=y*(x-j/8);
end;
output;
end;
run;
ods graphics on;
proc orthoreg data=polynomial;
effect xMod = polynomial(x / degree=6);
model y = xMod;
effectplot fit / obs;
store OStore;
run;
ods graphics off;

SAS produced the 95CI interval. I want to know the upper and lower limits value of each data point. What syntax should I use?

I checked the SAS manual, and the Proc orthoreg statement only has the outset option, which does not seem to output the upper and lower limits value of each data point.

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/stat/141/orthoreg.pdf

see p6699

Please reply, thank you.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

try adding the statement

ods output FitPlot=Fitplot;

to the procedure. It will create a dataset called FitPlot with each point and interval values.

PG
Cingchih
Quartz | Level 8
Really solved it, thank you for your valuable grammar.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation