BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Yughaber
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for your help!
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The only thing I would add here is to first investigate whether the slope is not significantly different for the two postures.  Start with this code:

proc mixed data=Have;
   class Subject Position(ref='Sitting');
   model Valve2 = Valve1 Position  Valve1*Position/  s chisq outpred=MixedOut;
   random intercept / subject=Subject;          /* each subject gets its own intercept */
run;

If Valve1*Position is not significant, you can assume that the slopes aren't different for the two Positions.  If it is significant, then consider this model:

proc mixed data=Have;
   class Subject Position(ref='Sitting');
   model Valve2 = Valve1 Valve1*Position /  s chisq outpred=MixedOut;
   random intercept / subject=Subject;          /* each subject gets its own intercept */
run;

Under this model, if you are interested in LSmeans (which I doubt, as this looks like a pure regression problem), you should do the comparisons at 3 values for Valve1 (high, mean, low).  See the chapter on analysis of covariance in SAS for Mixed Models (any edition).

An alternative way of thinking about this is as a bivariate correlation within posture.  SGPLOT would enable plotting confidence ellipses that provide an excellent graphical presentation.

SteveDenham

Yughaber
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for your input.
Yughaber
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Rick, 

If you have some free time I'll appreciate your help with a follow up question to this analysis. Let's say if I were to add in age and gender to this data and control for them, would I be able to include it in the mixed model somehow?

Thanks!! 

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Add Gender to the CLASS statement and add Gender and Age to the MODEL statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 in conversation