BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gtrifan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all, I'm trying to get a power analysis for a health care study that will evaluate incidence rate ratio of an event (predicted variable as counts and few categorical and continuous independent predictors). I tried to find a way to do it in SAS, but I can't seems to find the right code. 

I tried Cox Regression, code below, but I'm not sure if this will give me the same power results as those estimating for Poisson regression, as one takes into account time to event and the other the counts or rates only...any suggestions on how to proceed ? Thanks. 

ods noproctitle;
ods graphics / imagemap=on;

proc power;
coxreg test=score sides=2 ntotal=13000 eventprob=0.017 alpha=0.05
hazardratio=1.2 1.5 rsquare=0 0.3 stddev=1.1 power=.;
plot x=n;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Castelloe
SAS Employee

You can use the CUSTOM statement in PROC POWER, and there's an example in this paper from SAS Global Forum 2018. The main example involves logistic regression, but the section "Steps for a Poisson Regression Alternative" at the bottom of page 12 describes how to adapt it to a Poisson regression.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_Castelloe
SAS Employee

You can use the CUSTOM statement in PROC POWER, and there's an example in this paper from SAS Global Forum 2018. The main example involves logistic regression, but the section "Steps for a Poisson Regression Alternative" at the bottom of page 12 describes how to adapt it to a Poisson regression.

gtrifan
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation