BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
asolk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I am running a forecast, for at least 1 month long. I see the following note in the SAS:
NOTE: Number of non-missing predictor values in the forecast horizon is less than the value in the LEAD= option of the FORECAST statement. The value in the LEAD= option is reduced to 0.

So, I do not have any forecast data in the output 😞

I use the following code:

proc ucm data=all_TOTAL1;
   model all_50 = VA_all;
   id termin interval=month;
   irregular;
   level var=0 noest;
   randomreg batProgram / plot=smooth;
   season length=12 var=0 noest plot=smooth;
   estimate plot=(panel residual);
   forecast plot=forecasts lead=1;
run;

I have 31 non-missing variables (there is no missing in the datafile at all), data per month.

• All_50 (dependent) is the number of sold products,
  • VA_all (predictor) is the number of days per month when the company conduct any promotion campaigns on the products.
  • batProgram is used as a flag: 0 if no campaign and 1 if any campaign during the month

Forecast was fine before I have added a predictor variable VA_all (when I have run forecast based on the number of sold products only). But now I have these data and would like to integrate them into the analysis.

What is wrong in the code? Or data? Maybe 31 rows is quite small for this type of analysis?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

You need future values for your independent variables!

Do you have future values for your independent (=predictor) variables?

Cheers,

Koen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

You need future values for your independent variables!

Do you have future values for your independent (=predictor) variables?

Cheers,

Koen

asolk
Calcite | Level 5

It works perfectly 🙂 Thank you so much, Koen!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation