BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MSALKAR
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Below is my code and output that I am getting from the code. My main independent variable is race and it has 2 levels(Hispanics and others). However, even after including the class statement, i do not get the estimates for the sublevels of any variable such as race, region, sex etc.

Can you please tell me why so?

PROC SURVEYREG DATA=MEPS.finalxx;
weight PERWT15F;
Strata VARSTR;
Cluster VARPSU;
class REGION15(ref="1") sex(ref="1") RACE(ref="1") MARRY15X(ref="1") EDUYRDG(ref="1")
TMTKUS42 (ref="1")chronic (ref="1")/ param=ref;
MODEL MPR= REGION15 sex RACE MARRY15X EDUYRDG TMTKUS42 AGE15X chronic FAMINC15 TOTAL_COST TTLP15X;
domain race=1;
RUN;

Please see the attachment for the result I am getting. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

PROC SURVEYREG does not support the PARAM=REF option on the CLASS statement, so I suggest you check your SAS log for as error message that says 

15 class region14 ... / param=ref;
-----
NOTE: The previous statement has been deleted.
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ;,
REF, REFERENCE.

Notice that the error log says that the CLASS statement is being deleted. Therefore the variables are treated as continuous variables.

Get rid of the PARAM= option and that should fix the issue.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation