BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Clg
Obsidian | Level 7 Clg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone,

When I use the PROC POWER with PAIREDMEANS and TEST=EQUIV_RATIO, what Confidence Interval provides the procedure for the sample size with alpha=0.05 ? A 95% CI or a 90% CI because equiv_ratio is based on two one-side tests ?

Thank you,

Clg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

For an equivalence test the specified ALPHA= value provides the sample size for a (1-2α)100% confidence interval on the mean ratio. So if you specify alpha=0.05, then you get a 90% confidence interval on the mean ratio.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

For an equivalence test the specified ALPHA= value provides the sample size for a (1-2α)100% confidence interval on the mean ratio. So if you specify alpha=0.05, then you get a 90% confidence interval on the mean ratio.

Clg
Obsidian | Level 7 Clg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have another question. Now, if I use TEST=RATIO (and not equiv_ratio) and that I want an 90% confidence interval with a one-sided test; I use "Sides=U" (or L) and I put alpha=0.1, it's right ?

Thank you.

jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, that is correct.

Clg
Obsidian | Level 7 Clg
Obsidian | Level 7

My apologizes for this another question. If I done the following SAS Code, I compare if the ratio 1.5 is different that 1.25 with a 90% confidence interval also?

proc power;
pairedmeans test=ratio alpha=0.1
meanratio=1.5
nullratio=1.25
cv=0.17
npairs=.
corr=0
sides=2
power=0.9;
run;

Thank you

jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

It is basically correct.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation