BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
maggiej22
Calcite | Level 5

I am using the LSMEANS statement to request specific odds ratios in PROC GLIMMIX.  I have an interaction term (binary by binary interaction) that I am requesting odds ratios for but would like to see the odds ratios at each level of another binary covariate.  

a; binary 0,1

b; binary 0,1

c; binary 0,1

a*b interaction between a and b

lsmeans a*b / ilink oddsratio cl diff;

gives me beautiful output but once I try using the 'at' option to specify the value of another covariate SAS gives me a warning:

lsmeans a*b / at c =1 ilink oddsratio cl diff;

WARNING: Incorrect AT specification in LSMEANS statement. c is not a covariate in the model. The statement is
ignored.

I already know that this is because variable c is in the class statement and only continuous variables can be used in the 'at' option.  

Does anyone know how to create odds ratios for an interaction at a certain level of a binary variable?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
tellmeaboutityo
Obsidian | Level 7

I’m not 100% sure, but you might be able to change the combination of ref= statements in the class statement.

Class iv1(ref=‘0’) iv2(ref=‘1’);

I would assume the two reference categories would end up as the reference combination for the interaction.

A similar option might be to actually create your interaction variable and define the reference group.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation