BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mia264
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi 

I am currently using the GENMOD procedure as I need to define my own link function. I have defined the FWDLINK and INVLINK statements however my program is still using the Logit function as a link. I have no idea how to correct this. Please assist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I suspect that you will find an ERROR in your LOG if you look regarding the extra '=' sign and the way you have defined the fwdlink function.  It should be something like the code in the documentation.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_genmod_syntax25.htm&docsetVers...

You need to use the keywords _MEAN_ _RESP_, etc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

It will help to post your Proc Genmod code to see if you are setting an option that forces the logit or using your defined link incorrectly.

Mia264
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your response. My proc genmod code is: 

proc genmod data=thurstone;
class gender conc;;
fwdlink=delta/sqrt(2)=probit(pc);
invlink=pc=probnorm(delta/sqrt(2));
model x/n = pc gender conc / dist = bin
type1
type3
lrci;
run;

SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I suspect that you will find an ERROR in your LOG if you look regarding the extra '=' sign and the way you have defined the fwdlink function.  It should be something like the code in the documentation.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statug_genmod_syntax25.htm&docsetVers...

You need to use the keywords _MEAN_ _RESP_, etc.

Mia264
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you so much.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation