BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Erik_Lab
Calcite | Level 5

I built a training data set in a proc iml procedure, which I want to forward into a proc neural procedure.  However, it has come to my attention, by means of a colleague, that I should run the following to create a data mining SAS DMDB data set.

1. Does "TRAIN" need to be specified in a library (created in proc iml step)? 
  2. What is the purpose of "&i" after "TRAIN"?
  3. Is SAS Enterprise guide preferable over SAS9.4 when running projects like this?

proc dmdb batch data=TRAIN&i 	
	          out = dmh_NN_inTRAIN&i  	
	          dmdbcat=cat_TRAIN&i; 	

var Ttm s_x c_x;  	
	   target c_x;
	run;

1 REPLY 1
SylvainTremblay
SAS Employee

Hello, 

A SAS Enterprise Miner license is required to run the NEURAL procedure.

See this post: Solved: PROC NEURAL - SAS Support Communities

But you can directly call High-Performance Data Mining procedures such as HPNEURAL.

Also, in Proc IML you typically manipulate matrices in memory but when you are done,

you can save this matrix to a good old SAS data set. After you can use this SAS data set in Procedures, like HPNEURAL.

In Proc IML, you can use the CREATE and APPEND statements to write to SAS data set from a matrix that is in memory.

See this post: Writing data from a matrix to a SAS data set - The DO Loop

I hope this helps!

Sylvain

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation