BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GS2
Obsidian | Level 7 GS2
Obsidian | Level 7

Using SAS 9.4

I ran the following code

PROC LOGISTIC DATA =have;
CLASS tertile (REF = '0') ;
MODEL infection (event= 'Yes')= tertile / stb;
RUN;

I have binary infection variable and tertile is categorical with 3 levels.

My question is when running this code it returned a p-value of 0.04 and an OR 7.1 and a 95% CI of (0.874, 58.689). Can this be correct to have an CI that includes 1 and a significant p-value? 

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Different things are being compared. See this note

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Did you notice that the Type 3 Test shows that the main effect (Tertile) is not significant for predicting Infection?

GS2
Obsidian | Level 7 GS2
Obsidian | Level 7

I saw that which was why I was wondering that the individual tertile is showing significance. Should I have used a wald test in this situation? Thank you

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Try adding option CLPARM=BOTH to the model statement. From proc logistic documentation:

There are two methods of computing confidence intervals for the regression parameters. One is based on the profile-likelihood function, and the other is based on the asymptotic normality of the parameter estimators. The latter is not as time-consuming as the former, because it does not involve an iterative scheme; however, it is not thought to be as accurate as the former, especially with small sample size.

PG
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Different things are being compared. See this note

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation