BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
christinef
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

I am trying to run a multi variable logistic regression model predicting departure from position (yes/no) using perceived culture around alcohol as the main predictor with sex, age, race, hazardous alcohol use, and job satisfaction as covariates. I was interested in analyzing hazardous alcohol use as a moderator and found evidence that there is an interaction between alcohol use and perceived culture.

My question is, when I ran the regression the output did not show the ORs for hazardous alcohol use or perceived culture (scored from 0-4 based on how many items endorsed). Is there an option I am missing to get those estimates? (Code below)

Proc logistic data=c_final:
Class sex agecat race hazardousalc jobsat/param=ref; (I specified the reference groups in my code but omitted them for a reason on this forum)
Model departure = sex agecat race hazardousalc jobsat alcoholculture_score hazardousalc*alcoholculture_score/expb;
Run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
christinef
Calcite | Level 5
This worked with oddsratio hazardousalc/at (alcoholculture_score 0 1 2 3 4);

Thank you!
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

As discussed in this note, odds ratios are not automatically provided for variables involved in interactions. It shows several ways to obtain odds ratios.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation