BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
crockerm12
Calcite | Level 5

Hello! I'm trying to produce odds ratios for hospital readmission based upon 22 different categories of disease. I would also like to see the OR for the TOTAL of all disease categories (all 22 added together), and use this as a reference group. I'm not sure how to do this using total as the ref. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

proc logistic data=index_events descending;
class discat;
model readmit=discat;
weight discwt;
format discat discat.;
run;

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
If you have weights you should use PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC not LOGISTIC.

To compare to all you can replicate the data and have overall as a category in discat but this may affect other calculations. At that point I suspect you need an ESTIMATE statement .
crockerm12
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried creating an overall category in discat but then all observations fall under overall instead of the 22 other categories. Do you have any additional specific advice on how to do that?

Reeza
Super User

You have to replicate the data, not just recode it.

ie 

data all_comparison;
set sashelp.class;

output;
sex='T'; 
output;
run;

proc freq data=all_comparison;
table sex;
run;
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

What you want to do can be done using the DIFF=ANOM option in the LSMEANS statement in PROC LOGISTIC.  See this note.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation