BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kingston1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi experts,

I am trying to use multiple imputation for left censored bio marker data. Due to the sensitivity on the assay, many smaller values are set as missing because they were undetected.

This is my current syntax (SAS 9.4) but I am unable to impute values outside my observed values range. How do I bypass this and impute values outside of my observed range of values? Thank you

proc mi data=new1 nimpute=10 seed=12345 outimputed

minimum=. . . . .

maximum=0.09 0.78 18.6 6.3 26.8

minmaxiter=100;

mcmc;

var cortpgml crp il6ra ifny stnfr1;

run;

ERROR: An imputed variable is not in the specified range after 100 tries.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DWilson
Pyrite | Level 9

@kingston1 wrote:

Hi experts,

I am trying to use multiple imputation for left censored bio marker data. Due to the sensitivity on the assay, many smaller values are set as missing because they were undetected.

This is my current syntax (SAS 9.4) but I am unable to impute values outside my observed values range. How do I bypass this and impute values outside of my observed range of values? Thank you

minimum=. . . . .

minmaxiter=100;

mcmc;

run;

I don't think it's prudent to try and impute data outside the observed data values. MI won't help you here because it uses the observed data to estimate the distribution of the data. 

If you want to move forward with this, I think you'd have to have other variables that you could use to predict the bio marker data. You'd develop a model that allows you to predict the missing bio marker data given the values of the other variables.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee
You could try the suggestions in this usage note.
http://support.sas.com/techsup/notes/v8/24/475.html
DWilson
Pyrite | Level 9

@kingston1 wrote:

Hi experts,

minimum=. . . . .

minmaxiter=100;

mcmc;

run;

I don't think it's prudent to try and impute data outside the observed data values. MI won't help you here because it uses the observed data to estimate the distribution of the data. 

If you want to move forward with this, I think you'd have to have other variables that you could use to predict the bio marker data. You'd develop a model that allows you to predict the missing bio marker data given the values of the other variables.

kingston1
Calcite | Level 5

Ok, I see what you're saying. So right now I am planning to run a tobit regression model to predict my censored data. Then I can run a multiple imputation and specify a prior distribution based on my tobit model.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation