BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mydamj
Calcite | Level 5

It’s about Medical Project.

Our dependent variable which is preterm has 4 values/ groups (extreme preterm(Baby born <32 weeks of gestation ) Early preterm ( bon 32- 34 weeks of ga) late  preterm( 35-36) and term (>=37 weeks of gestation)).

We are experienced in SAS in dealing with a binary (2 groups Preterm-YES & Preterm-NO) especially in our Proc-Genmod procedure to get our relative risks. Now we are stuck when we are trying subdivided preterm group/cohort( Extreme(<32) Early(32-34)Late(35-36)).

When we subdivided as above the SAS code/ Proc-Genmod code we already used for our binary outcome variable won’t work(which we know).

To resolve this troubleshoot we took an alternate/ shortcut path where we kept our outcome variable binary with meeting above subgroups by doing multiple models instead of single model (i.e., extreme Preterm vs Term- Model1; Early Preterm Vs Term - Model2; Late Preterm vs Term).

Our goal is to create a single model where our dependent variable has 4 values explained above my reference is term and I would like to get my RR(Relative Risk) for my 3 groups(extreme preterm, early preterm, Late preterm)

Need Suggestions,

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The note that I referred you to in your previous post shows how this can be done. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation