BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lcmichael_unc
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Folks,

I want to compute the overall stratum-adjusted difference in proportions (SVR12*TRTWKS) and confidence limits for the variable SVR12 in the following tables statement in a frequency procedure. I need the overall difference (and C.I.) in SVR12, controlling for CIRRHOSIS (Y/N) and HCVGTCAT (A/B) simultaneously but the following code is producing individual differences controlling independently for each pair of strata (e.g., CIRRHOSIS='Y', HCVGTCAT='A') and not controlling for all levels of both covariates simulateously. Many thanks for all insights.

proc freq data=&library..SVR_GP_mITT nlevels order=data;
tables CIRRHOSIS*HCVGTCAT*TRTWKS*SVR12 / riskdiff (column=both CL=(WALD WILSON)) chisq fisher cmh cl agree alpha=0.05;
format SVR12 svrfmt.;
where FIRSTREC=1;
ods output CrossTabFreqs=crstabfrq RiskDiffCol1=rskdfcol1 PearsonChiSq=pearchisq PdiffCLs=PdiffCLs ;
run;

2 REPLIES 2
lcmichael_unc
Fluorite | Level 6

All responders:

I think I found my answer: it requires the specification of the 'common' sub-option in the riskdiff option per:

tables CIRRHOSIS*HCVGTCAT*TRTWKS*SVR12 / tables HCVGTCAT*TRTWKS*SVR12 / 
riskdiff (common column=both CL=(WALD WILSON)) chisq fisher cmh cl agree alpha=0.05;

Please confirm. Thanks.

Watts
SAS Employee

Yes, the RISKDIFF(COMMON) option provides confidence limits for the overall stratum-adjusted risk (proportion) difference. Also, the COMMONRISKDIFF option provides additional confidence limit types, tests, and stratum weights. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation