BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
UcheOkoro
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Please I need help with using proc GLIMMIX for binary outcome. My outcome variable is Adherence to safety guidelines (Adherence) which is binary. This was measured  weekly over a 15-week period. My independent variables include job title , race, ethnicity etc. which are all categorical. I am interested in seeing if adherence changed  over time. I am using the following codes for my analysis but  the model did not converge. Please find also the SAS log information.

PROC GLIMMIX DATA=COVERED.Demographics;

CLASS  primary_job_cat week record_id;

MODEL complete_adherence = primary_job_cat week primary_job_cat*week/SOLUTION DIST=bin LINK=Logit DDFM=BW;

RANDOM week/SUB=record_id TYPE =AR(1) RESIDUAL;

lsmeans primary_job_cat week primary_job_cat*week/  diff e cl;

run;

UcheOkoro_0-1651680940034.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

That is not a G-side random effect model. Use this instead --

random int / subject=record_id;

And the METHOD=QUAD option must be used with G-side model, not the R-side model as you did.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

You might try the PARMS statement to specify different starting values; Also try a different TYPE= option for the R-side random effect to see if that helps.

Did you get the table  - covariance parameter estimates at the last iteration? If so, what does it look like?

Jill

UcheOkoro
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Below is what the covariance parameter estimate shows

UcheOkoro_0-1651688666956.png

jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

How many levels for week? 

What if you try a G-side random effect model --

random int / subject=record_id;?

You could also add method=quad in the PROC GLIMMIX statement for this G-side random effect model to see if that helps.

UcheOkoro
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Week has 20 levels.

I tried the G-side effect model but got an error message but it did not converge.

I also added the method=quad but got an error message

PROC GLIMMIX DATA=COVERED.Demographics;

CLASS  primary_job_cat week record_id ;

MODEL complete_adherence = primary_job_cat week primary_job_cat*week/SOLUTION DIST=bin LINK=Logit oddsratio;

RANDOM int/SUB=record_id TYPE =AR(1) RESIDUAL;

run;

UcheOkoro_0-1651689637300.png

PROC GLIMMIX DATA=COVERED.Demographics method=quad(qpoints=19);

CLASS  primary_job_cat week record_id ;

MODEL complete_adherence = primary_job_cat week primary_job_cat*week/SOLUTION DIST=bin LINK=Logit oddsratio;

RANDOM int/SUB=record_id TYPE =AR(1) RESIDUAL;

run;

UcheOkoro_1-1651689764861.png

jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

That is not a G-side random effect model. Use this instead --

random int / subject=record_id;

And the METHOD=QUAD option must be used with G-side model, not the R-side model as you did.

UcheOkoro
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you so much for your assistance.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation