BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nsns
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to combine response data (i.e. proportions) from multiple studies where each study has only one arm of interest i.e. arm A or arm B. Because in each study I don’t have both arms I cannot perform a classic meta-analysis. The data are percentage of responders. I would like to estimate the percent responders for each arm, the difference and the relative risk between the groups with 95% confidence intervals for each. I thought of using a logistic regression with a random effect (i.e. the individual studies) using Proc GLIMMIX. The confidence intervals are important because I will use these to define a non-inferiority margin. Questions are 1) how can I get confidence intervals for the difference between the arms and 2) how do I get the relative risk?

Sample data and code looks something like this:

data a;

input studyno arm $ n_total n_responders;

cards;

1     B     107   42

2     B     73    41

3     B     75    41

4     B     77    49

5     B     199   123

6     B     201   122

7     B     221   123

8     A     16    4

9     A     47    16

10    A     767   107

11    A     170   20

12    A     51    13

13    A     128   20

14    A     19    5

15    A     14    1

16    A     47    13

17    A     118   23

18    A     58    11

;

run;

proc glimmix data=a;

class arm studyno;

model N_responders/n_total = arm /solution cl dist=binomial link=logit;

random intercept/subject=studyno;

lsmeans arm / cl ilink;

estimate 'A vs B' arm 1 -1 / cl ilink exp;

run;

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Assuming that the studies are independent, then you can just fit an ordinary logistic model and use the NLMEANS macro to estimate the relative risk (or difference in proportions if desired) and its standard error as shown in this note

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation