BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sjpark
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS users,

It should have been here..but I uploaded it like below

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Issue-with-proc-panel-reference-level-result-being-generat...

thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
sjpark
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, SAS Community.

I am conducting an analysis on interactions with a moderating effect between categorical variables which is being implemented through an interaction term(CEOHOME*EvalDummy). However, I am encountering an issue where only one interaction with reference level all results are being generated. Typically, in a panel regression model, the reference category is omitted in the results, but in my model, no. I would appreciate any assistance on how to solve this issue.

here's my code.

DATA IMPORT1;
SET IMPORT;
career_M=career;
academic_M=academic;
ceoterm_M=ceoterm*evaldummy;
ceoage_M=ceoage*evaldummy;
ceosex_M=ceosex;
ceohome_M=ceohome;
RUN;

PROC SORT DATA=IMPORT1;
BY entityname YEAR;
RUN;

PROC PANEL DATA=IMPORT1;
ID  entityname YEAR;
CLASS CAREER academic CEOHOME CEOSEX TYPE;
MODEL 'eval_100'N= career academic ceohome ceoterm ceoage ceosex  
career*evaldummy academic*evaldummy ceohome*evaldummy ceoterm_m ceoage_m ceosex*evaldummy 
evaldummy type comemp comasset_ln comage/RANONE;
RUN;

sjpark_0-1684652091456.png

Thank you.

sjpark
Calcite | Level 5

I WILL USE DATA SET WHICH CAN BE USED EASILY.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

But you should post your example data as a DATA step with DATALINES. Such a piece of code can easily be copy/pasted into the program editor and submitted (and leave no questions about real content and variable attributes), while the Excel file needs to be downloaded (which is often prohibited in corporate environments for security reasons), then uploaded to the SAS environment, and finally imported (where the vagaries of PROC IMPORT often cause the dataset to be different from yours).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation