BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Here is what I have tried:

PROC NPAR1WAY DATA=trout4 wilcoxon median;
CLASS dose;
VAR hemoglobin;
RUN; quit; title;

It is not giving me individual contrasts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Remaining questions have been:

I have run a Kruskal Wallis test using proc npar1way.  Pairwise two-sided multiple comparison analysis is output.

What is the alpha significance level here?  Are we using alpha/12 in case of 4 four dose groups to obtain P>DSCF?

What if I wanted to run a one-tailed test? How would sas syntax change?

PROC NPAR1WAY DATA=trout4 wilcoxon dscf;
CLASS dose;
VAR hemoglobin;
RUN; quit; title;

To interested readers, checking out this reference gave the answers.

Juneau, P. (2004), "Simultaneous Nonparametric Inference in a One-Way Layout Using the SAS System," Proceedings of the PharmaSUG 2004 Annual Conference, Paper SP04.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
Always check the list of Frequently Asked-for Statistics (FASTats) in the Important Links section of the Statistical Procedures Community page. See the "Nonparametric methods" item which mentions the DSCF option.
MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Remaining questions have been:

I have run a Kruskal Wallis test using proc npar1way.  Pairwise two-sided multiple comparison analysis is output.

What is the alpha significance level here?  Are we using alpha/12 in case of 4 four dose groups to obtain P>DSCF?

What if I wanted to run a one-tailed test? How would sas syntax change?

PROC NPAR1WAY DATA=trout4 wilcoxon dscf;
CLASS dose;
VAR hemoglobin;
RUN; quit; title;

To interested readers, checking out this reference gave the answers.

Juneau, P. (2004), "Simultaneous Nonparametric Inference in a One-Way Layout Using the SAS System," Proceedings of the PharmaSUG 2004 Annual Conference, Paper SP04.

MaryA_Marion
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Ok. I found dcsf.  

dcsf requests a pairwise multiple comparison analysis and specifically Wilcoxon multiple comparisons. Are these the same?

I am working with Gibbons Nonparametric Statistical Inference equality of k distributions in nonparametric section of the text. See eq 10.4.8.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation