BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Diels_O
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all, I hava a question about the proc glimmix; the following was my code

proc glimmix data=pt empirical order = data PLOTs= all;
 class Affiliation pt60dich3(ref = first)/ref = first;
 model score = pt60dich3 / dist=bin link=glogit SOLUTION cl oddsratio;
 random intercept/subject = Affiliation; run; 

Here, score was a ordinal score.

However, this model went wrong: the generalized logit can only be used with the multinomial distribution.

How should i perfrom mixed effect ordinal logistic model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
The generalized logit model (LINK=GLOGIT) is typically used when the multinomial response is nominal. If your multinomial response is ordinal and you want the model to account for its ordinality, then you can use the cumulative logit model (LINK=CUMLOGIT). The cumulative logit model is the default when you specify DIST=MULT.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Ordinal implies (to me) more than two levels of the response variable. Is that what you have?

If so, then BIN is the wrong value for DIST. You do need to specify the MULTINOMIAL distribution.

--
Paige Miller
Diels_O
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for your quick response!
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
The generalized logit model (LINK=GLOGIT) is typically used when the multinomial response is nominal. If your multinomial response is ordinal and you want the model to account for its ordinality, then you can use the cumulative logit model (LINK=CUMLOGIT). The cumulative logit model is the default when you specify DIST=MULT.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation