BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jonathanjka
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there, I'm new to the forum so feel free to redirect if I should post under a different location. 

I understand that the following procedure can be done using PROC SEVERITY, but my company doesn't have a SAS/ETS license, so it would be appreciated if any suggestions can be limited to SAS Studio or Base SAS procedures. 

I have a simple dataset from an insurance company, containing the following claims information: 

• Policy Deductible 
  • Policy Limit
  • Incurred Loss Amount

I would like to fit this data to a few relatively standard distributions (eg. Beta, Gamma, Pareto, Lognormal, Weibull) using Maximum Likelihood Estimation, then compare the fit using Likelihood Ratio Test, SBC, AIC. 

The problem is that to my knowledge, PROC UNIVARIATE doesn't easily allow parameter estimation for left truncated (by policy deductible) and right censored (by policy limit) data that I have. 

Can someone help point me in the direction of how this could be accomplished? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation