BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ejay0503
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, all

Perhaps this is an easy question (but I can't figure out somehow!). I am using national data that is weighted so I multiple imputed the data using the weight. I am having trouble getting "pulled" standard deviations of the variables...I would greatly appreciate your help! Please see my code below. 

(proc mi.....truncated) 

proc surveymeans NOBS MEAN STDERR STDdata=perm.enjoy19m2 ;
strata RAESTRAT; cluster RAEHSAMP; weight R11WTRESP;
var age ;

domain _imputation_ ;
ods output domain = out ; run;

proc mianalyze data = out ; modeleffects mean;
stderr stderr ; run ;

Best regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

In order to get a combined estimate you would need a measure of variation for the standard deviation.  You might be able to calculate one using the Delta method or something similar but this is not something that SAS reports.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

In order to get a combined estimate you would need a measure of variation for the standard deviation.  You might be able to calculate one using the Delta method or something similar but this is not something that SAS reports.

ejay0503
Obsidian | Level 7

It's very good to know that SAS doesn't report SDs on imputed data. Thank you very much for your help, Rob! 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation