BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jiweihe1223
Fluorite | Level 6

Does SAS have an option to output rate ratio estimate from exact method in proc genmod? Or do we have to compute manually?

Proc genmod data=data;
Class Treat Sex Age;
model e = Treat Sex Age/ dist=poisson link=log offset=t;
exact Treat/joint estimate;
run;

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I have moved your post to the 'Statistical Procedures' board (under the Analytics header) !

Koen

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The exact method provides the parameter estimates. You can use the LSMEANS statement to compute the rate ratio. For your data, the example might look like 

lsmeans Treat / ilink diff exp cl;

For a full explanation about how to get rate ratios by using the LSMEANS statement, see the article "Modeling rates and estimating rates and rate ratios."

About 75% through the article is a section titled "Rate Ratio Estimates."  That section contains the information you need.

The section also shows how to use the ESTIMATE statement to estimate and test custom rate ratios 

jiweihe1223
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks. Actually my question is about the exact method. I later found the output for rate ratio or odds ratio can be obtained by adding "estimate=both"

exact Treat/joint estimate=both;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation