BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Denali
Quartz | Level 8

I am developing a risk model for a binary outcome cardiovescular disase (Yes/No) using all the betas that generated from a multivariable Cox proportional hazard regression model. The nest step that I need to do to generate a C-index from the multivariable model. Does anyone know how to do it?

Below is my code:

proc phreg data = RS;
class Age_C Race BMI_C LVEF_C SBP ;
model CAD(0) = Age_C Race BMI_C LVEF_C SBP /rl;
run;

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OsoGris
SAS Employee

Check the documentation for the PROC PHREG statement where you will see a CONCORDANCE option:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/statug/15.2/statug_phreg_syntax01.htm#statug.phreg.phrprocco...

You will need a relatively current release of SAS to access the CONCORDANCE option. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I guess with the C-index you mean the concordance index, c, as given by PROC LOGISTIC for a binary response?

That concordance index, c, in the "Association of Predicted Probabilities and Observed Responses" table is in fact the area under the ROC curve.

From your question I understand this value is not given by PROC PHREG. Correct? (I do not know by heart.)

To get the c-index I think you can do a PROC LOGISTIC with the same target variable and as an input (only input) the estimated probabilities of PROC PHREG.

Make sure you are modelling the same target level in both PROC PHREG and PROC LOGISTIC!!

Next time it would be better to post your question in the 'Statistical Procedures' board under Analytics. You will get faster response.

Kind regards,

Koen

OsoGris
SAS Employee

Check the documentation for the PROC PHREG statement where you will see a CONCORDANCE option:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/statug/15.2/statug_phreg_syntax01.htm#statug.phreg.phrprocco...

You will need a relatively current release of SAS to access the CONCORDANCE option. 

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Many questions on availability of statistics, like this one, are answered in the list of Frequently Asked-for Statistics (FASTats) in the Important Links section of the Statistical Procedures Community page.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation