BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
blueblue
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I need to generate KM for Cox cause-specific competing risk.  However, it seems that every approach I tried, all come out to be the same, that the KM curve or CIF (both generated from LIFETEST) look very differently from the CIF generated by PHREG (Cox cause-specific).  Even for FG competing risk model, the CIF generated from LIFETEST does not share similar pattern/shape to the CIF generated by PHREG.  How to explain these? I know KM would not be exactly the same as CIF, yet the shape/pattern should not differ so much between the CIF generated from LIFETEST or PHREG, right?

Here are the approaches I tried for KM curves for Cox cause-specific competing risk:

1.) PROC LIFE TEST with:   TIME   T*Status(0 2);

2.) PROC LIFE TEST with:   TIME  T*Status(0) / eventcode(COX)=1;  -- ERROR message

3.) PROC LIFE TEST with:   TIME  T*Status(0) / eventcode=1; 

4.) PROC LIFE TEST with:   TIME  T*Status(0) / failcode=1 2;

In PHREG, I use the following codes for the Cox cause-specific competing risk:

proc phreg data=BMT plots (overlay)=cif;

class disease;

model T*Status(0) / eventcode(COX)=1;

baseline covariates=risk;

run;

And how to generate KM curve for cause-specific competing risk model? 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation