BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kyra
Quartz | Level 8

I have fit separate logistic regression models with head and neck cancer as outcome , job title as exposure ( I have 23 models each with different jobs). I adjusted each of them for age, sex, race, region, tobacco, smoking.

I wonder how to do sensitivity analysis for residual confounding in SAS. 

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

How is Job exposure coded in your models?

PG
Kyra
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for the reply.

I have coded job exposure as 1 vs 0.

Below I have posted codes for two of my job exposures: cook and painter. I have modeled 20 more jobs similarly. And for all the job exposures the 0 or reference is same group of people( people who were never exposed to all of the job of interest.

proc logistic data=red.merged;

class studyname ageq(ref="<40") sex(ref="Female") Education_levelmi1(ref="No education") race region drink_dayq(ref="0 (Non-drinkers)") tobaccoyearq(ref="0 (Never smoker)") cook(ref="0")/param=reference;

model oropharynx= studyname ageq sex Education_levelmi1 race region drink_dayq tobaccoyearq cook/ scale=none aggregate;

run;

proc logistic data=red.merged3;

class studyname ageq(ref="<40") sex(ref="Female") Education_levelmi1(ref="No education") race region drink_dayq(ref="0 (Non-drinkers)") tobaccoyearq(ref="0 (Never smoker)") painter(ref="0")/param=reference;

model hypopharynx= studyname ageq sex Education_levelmi1 race region drink_dayq tobaccoyearq painter/ scale=none aggregate;

run;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation