BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jie111
Quartz | Level 8

I have a longitudinal dataset with 1000 observations. Each participant has 2 to 10 timepoints repeated measurement of BMI.

/*id is the unique number for each participant*/
/*here I want to exam the different decline among people who survive and died separately*/

proc mixed data=bmidata PLOTS(MAXPOINTS= 20000) NOCLPRINT;
  class  t id death_status (ref='0');
  model bmi = death_status back_timescale death_status*back_timescale age_at_time0 back_timescale_square  sex educ  /outp=prediction solution ddfm =bw;
  REPEATED t/ type=vc  subject=id r rcorr;
  random intercept back_timescale /type=VC  subject=projid ;  
run;

I got the results.

Jie111_0-1638949590463.png

So now, I could write the formulation about BMI and these variables.

I am wondering how to calculate the BMI and 95% confidence interval if I valued death_status = 1, back_timescale=-5, age_at_time0 = 75 (around the mean of that timepoint), sex = 1 (female), education = 18 .

Furthermore, I want to compare two BMI values with different death_status but same values for other variables.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
StatsMan
SAS Super FREQ

This paper  expands on the ideas that Rick shows in his excellent blog post. PLM and the section in the paper on scoring the old fashioned way might be your two best bets. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 in conversation