BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kivanvan
Obsidian | Level 7

In my PH Cox model (using PROC PHREG), one of my continuous covariate (EGFR) violates the PH assumption. Based on the plot of Schoenfeld residual below, I decide to use a heaviside function with the time cut-off at 2 (the 600th rank of time) on this variable.

SASq.png

I believe that, with the heaviside function, I still assume the proportional hazard in each time interval. I tried the ZPH option and ASSESS statement, and I got the note: "Model assessment is not available when there are time-dependent covariates. The ASSESS statement is ignored." I further tried to output Schoenfeld residual (see code below), but I got no observation in the output dataset. Does anyone know how to assess the PH assumption in this model?

PROC PHREG DATA= DF;
  CLASS EXPO SEX;
  MODEL TIME*SA(0,)= EXPO AGE SEX  EGFRT1 EGFRT2 / RL=PL;
   EGFRT1=0;
   IF TIME<2 THEN EGFRT1=EGFR;
   EGFRT2=0;
   IF TIME>=2 THEN EGFRT2=EGFR;
  OUTPUT OUT=SCHOEN RESSCH=SCHEXPO SCHAGE SCHSEX SCHEGFRT1 SCHEGFRT2;
RUN;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation