BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
keyl
Calcite | Level 5

Recently I need to use BRR(balanced repeated replication)method to estimate the variance of data from a stratified sample design research(NHANES) .

I have got some examples,and i find that replicate weights have already been given (16 replicates) for each observation.

But the replicate weights are not included in primary data  absolutely. I tried  the brr method using the example's dataset with the following code.

proc surveymeans data =TMP1.DEMOADV varmethod = brr
(outweight = RepWeights);
weight w0304_0;
strata SDMVSTRA;
cluster SDMVPSU;
var SEQN;
run;

The new replicate weights(RepWt) generated from this code are quite different from the weights given in the example.(only 2 values——0 and twice the primary weight)

How can I supposed to get a result like the examples(w0304) for the next steps needing replicates?(16 replicate weights are not equal to the others)

1588952263(1).png1588952289(1).png

3 REPLIES 3
TonyAn
SAS Employee

The SURVEYMEANS Procedure

REPWEIGHTS Statement

REPWEIGHTS variables </ options>;

keyl
Calcite | Level 5

Would you please show a exact sample code?

The result was not different after I added repweights statement. As far as I am concerned, the repweights statement is used when the replicate weights are already given,so you don't have to offer STRATA and CLUSTER.

And I just want to know how can I generate all these replicate weights.

Thanks for your reply. 

TonyAn
SAS Employee

If the agency already provided you the replicate weights, why do you want to recreate them?

Each sets of replicate weights can be different for BRR and Bootstrap methods. If you want to generate the exact set of replicate weights as published in the data set, you have to contact the publisher of those replicate weights.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation