BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ahinoa
Fluorite | Level 6

I am fitting a mixed-effects logistic model using PROC GLIMMIX. All the variables I am working with are either binary of categorical. Because there were a few variables that had 10% or more of missing data, I used multiple imputation to be able to have a complete dataset. I fitted 5 previous models (null, level-one predictors, level-one predictors + covariates, level-two predictors, and level-two predictors + level-one variables).

Because I am interested in exploring  moderation effects, I entered four interaction terms in the model statement (M_EXPANSION*PLACE_3 GINI*PLACE_3 SPP_SPECTRUM*PLACE_3 LPERCENTAGE2017*PLACE_3). Everything was working perfectly, until I entered the interaction terms into the modeling process. When I used PROC MIANALYZE to pool the estimates, I got the following error:

Within-imputation Estimate missing for effect ....in the input PARMS = dataset. 

Because I am new to SAS, I cannot seem to figure out what the next steps would be to fix this error. That is why I am asking in this forum for your help. Below I am copying the code I am using to fit the models as well as section of log that is relevant to this error. 

I will greatly appreciate any help you could provide!!!! 

Here is my code:

TITLE "MODEL 6 - FIXED EFFECTS RANDOM INTERCEPT MODERATION ANALYSIS ";

PROC GLIMMIX DATA = DISS3.LLCP2017_I_ANALYSIS METHOD = QUAD EMPIRICAL = CLASSICAL; /* EMPIRICAL = CLASSICAL ->SANDWICH VARIANCE ESTIMATOR*/ 

WHERE ((_RACEGR3 = 5) AND (_RFHYPE5 = 2)); 

BY _IMPUTATION_;

CLASS /*STATE LEVEL VARIABLES*/

M_EXPANSION (REF = "0") GINI (REF = "0") SPP_SPECTRUM (REF = "0") LPERCENTAGE2017 (REF = "0") PLACE_3 (REF = "0")

/*INDIVIDUAL LEVEL VARIABLES*/

IRisk_Profile (REF = "0") IHC (REF = "0") IFPL (REF = "0") _EDUCAG (REF = "0")

/*DEMOGRAPHIC CHARACTERISTICS*/

SEX (REF = "0") _AGEG5YR (REF = "2") MARITAL (REF = "2") RENTHOM1 (REF = "1") EMPLOY1 (REF = "0") GENHLTH (REF = "1");

MODEL BPMEDS (DESCENDING) = IRISK_PROFILE IHC IFPL _EDUCAG SEX _AGEG5YR MARITAL RENTHOM1 EMPLOY1 GENHLTH 

M_EXPANSION GINI SPP_SPECTRUM LPERCENTAGE2017 PLACE_3 M_EXPANSION*PLACE_3 GINI*PLACE_3 SPP_SPECTRUM*PLACE_3 LPERCENTAGE2017*PLACE_3/ 

LINK = LOGIT DIST = BINARY SOLUTION OBSWEIGHT =AW CL; /*OBSWEIGHT -> WEIGHT FOR LEVEL-ONE VARIABLES "OBSERVATIONAL LEVEL*/

RANDOM INTERCEPT / SUBJECT = _STATE TYPE = CHOL SOLUTION; 

COVTEST GLM; 

ODS OUTPUT SOLUTIONR = CLASSEFFECTS_6;

ODS OUTPUT PARAMETERESTIMATES =PAREST_6;

RUN; 

QUIT; 

PROC SORT DATA = PAREST_6; 

BY _IMPUTATION_; 

RUN; 

PROC MIANALYZE PARMS  = PAREST_6 EDF=7913; /*POOL PARAMETER ESTIMATES FOR FIXED EFFECTS*/

CLASS IRISK_PROFILE IHC IFPL _EDUCAG SEX _AGEG5YR MARITAL RENTHOM1 EMPLOY1 GENHLTH M_EXPANSION GINI SPP_SPECTRUM LPERCENTAGE2017 PLACE_3;

MODELEFFECTS INTERCEPT IRISK_PROFILE IHC IFPL _EDUCAG SEX _AGEG5YR MARITAL RENTHOM1 EMPLOY1 GENHLTH 

M_EXPANSION GINI SPP_SPECTRUM LPERCENTAGE2017 PLACE_3 M_EXPANSION*PLACE_3 GINI*PLACE_3 SPP_SPECTRUM*PLACE_3 

LPERCENTAGE2017*PLACE_3;

RUN;

PROC SORT DATA = CLASSEFFECTS_6; 

BY SUBJECT _IMPUTATION_; 

RUN; 

PROC MIANALYZE PARMS = CLASSEFFECTS_6 (RENAME =(StdErrPred=STDERR)) EDF=7913; /*POLL RANDOM EFFECTS 'INTERCEPT FOR EACH STATE'*/

MODELEFFECTS INTERCEPT;

BY SUBJECT; 

RUN; 

QUIT; 

Log:

1138  PROC SORT DATA = PAREST_6;

1139  BY _IMPUTATION_;

1140  RUN;

NOTE: Input data set is already sorted, no sorting done.

NOTE: PROCEDURE SORT used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.01 seconds

1142  PROC MIANALYZE PARMS  = PAREST_6 EDF=7913; /*POOL PARAMETER ESTIMATES FOR FIXED EFFECTS*/

1143  CLASS IRISK_PROFILE IHC IFPL _EDUCAG SEX _AGEG5YR MARITAL RENTHOM1 EMPLOY1 GENHLTH M_EXPANSION

1143!  GINI SPP_SPECTRUM LPERCENTAGE2017 PLACE_3;

1144  MODELEFFECTS INTERCEPT IRISK_PROFILE IHC IFPL _EDUCAG SEX _AGEG5YR MARITAL RENTHOM1 EMPLOY1

1144! GENHLTH

1145               M_EXPANSION GINI SPP_SPECTRUM LPERCENTAGE2017 PLACE_3 M_EXPANSION*PLACE_3

1145! GINI*PLACE_3 SPP_SPECTRUM*PLACE_3

1146               LPERCENTAGE2017*PLACE_3;

1147  RUN;

ERROR: Within-imputation Estimate missing for effect M_EXPANSION*PLACE_3 in _Imputation_= 1 in the

input PARMS= data set.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE MIANALYZE used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

4 REPLIES 4
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I suspect that the names of the variables coming out of GLIMMIX are being truncated to 20 characters.  You can add the NAMELEN=100 option to the GLIMMIX statement to avoid this issue.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.4/statug/statug_glimmix_syntax01.htm#statug....

PROC GLIMMIX DATA = DISS3.LLCP2017_I_ANALYSIS METHOD = QUAD EMPIRICAL = CLASSICAL NAMELEN=100;

Iriska
Calcite | Level 5

I got the same Error after proc Mixed. The problem was in proc sort before proc mianalyze. It seems the analyzed dataset used in proc mianalyze  must not ne sorted after proc MIXED or similar procedure.

YYK273
Obsidian | Level 7

I got the same errors. However I still got the same errors for both sorted and not sorted PARMS= data set.

These are the notes:

ERROR: Within-imputation Estimate missing for effect RACOHBYR
in _Imputation_= 1 in the input PARMS= data set.

ballardw
Super User

@YYK273 

Please start  your own thread. You can post a link to this question if you think it helpful.

Post your LOG with the code and the notes and messages as well as the error. Often there is diagnostic information that explains why. Copy the text from the log; on the forum open a text box and paste the text with the messages.

That sort of message where it includes something like

in _Imputation_= 1 in the input PARMS= data set.

typically indicates a data related issue related to the value of the variable, such as too few observations to model something.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation