BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rdemass
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using SAS proc genmod to fit models. For example,

proc genmod data=long_respir descending;
	class ID Treatment visit (ref="0");
	model y = Treatment visit Treatment*Visit / dist=binomial link=logit type3 wald covb;
	repeated subject=ID / withinsubject=visit logor=fullclust;
run;

Where in the model statement specifying 'type3' requests SAS to output Type III tests for each of the predictor variables in the model. My question is: How can I view the contrast statements and 'L' matrix SAS uses to produce its Type III tests?

To elaborate, if I write my own contrast statement, I can include the '/ e;' at the end to view the 'L' matrix implied by my contrast. I would like to see the 'L' matrix implied by the contrasts SAS uses to produce the Type III tests. I cannot find how I can get SAS to give me that.

I have read the SAS proc genmod documentation for both the model statement and contrast statement and I do not see an option to get what I desire. So, either there is not an option to get this or I am overlooking something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

This is discussed in this note. As mentioned there, fit the model in PROC GLM and use the E3 option which will show the general form of the type3 tests.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

This is discussed in this note. As mentioned there, fit the model in PROC GLM and use the E3 option which will show the general form of the type3 tests.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation