BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hank
Fluorite | Level 6

Actually, I did a regression just recently from another, similar, dataset. Both the response and the predictors are almost the same as in the one we have discussed above. I increased the R2 from 0.18 (using Box-Cox transformation of the response (lambda -1)), to 0,51.

In the Box-Cox regression, all diagnostics has been done (Reset-test, outliers-robustness/proc robustreg, multicollinearity, normal residuals, robust s.e. etc.). I only have in mind to look for endogeneity problems. So I feel OK with the Box-Cox model, that is,

I feel it meets the assumptions of linear regression OK. However, if using mspline/spline can increase the explanatory power on, already tested, variables, it is tempting to present those results as well. Smiley Wink

But I am not sure how good it is to use this new information about monotone spline/spline, because I am afraid I am overfitting the model. What do you think?

I must add, I am quite new to regression modelling on this level, and unfortunately, is the only one on my job that know how to do it. So I really appreciate all your feed-back and help!

Have a nice weekend Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Hank

The code is shown below:

proc transreg data=hem_reg2_2 solve test nomiss plots=all;

ods exclude where=(_path_ ? 'MV');

model mspline(response/ nknots=2) = identity(x1_dummy) spline(x2 x3 x4 x5 / nknots=2);

run;

I have reduced the nknots=2, just to reduce the possibility of overfitting the model.

Ksharp
Super User

For each unit change in the x variable, the transformed Y variable decreases by -0.01068. (  Assuming other independent variable not change )

OP,You can refer to Logic model 's Odds Ratio

Message was edited by: xia keshan

Hank
Fluorite | Level 6

Even though the answer is already posted, thanks a lot. Do you have any ideas to my questions in the second post in this thread?

/Hank

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 in conversation