BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SteveBee
Calcite | Level 5

I have to use a group sequential tests that use an O’Brien-Fleming group sequential design methodology ---to access sample size and boundaries values for a clinical trials that randomized subjects to two treatment groups A or B, within centers. The end point is the proportion of subjects fully cured after receiving the treatment after day 5. The study is powered for 90% with a 2-sided 5% alpha to detect a 20% difference in the primary endpoint from 60% on treatment A to 80% on treatment B.  We know, centers are crossed with treatment, in other words subjects in each center has subjects who receive treatment A or B. We do not want to ignore the within center correlation in the outcomes because of homogeneity of subjects and institutional practice within centers. Thus, we cannot use the usual chi-square test to compare these two treatment groups but specifically use GEE model with centers treated as clusters -via proc genmod to help account for the correlation in data. Now the questions Proc Seqdesign does not allow me to use/incorporate gee model under the "samplesize model= ...."  see below, so I am not able to adjust for the correlation in computing the SAMPLE SIZE.  Can someone advise on how to go around this to get boundary values to use  

ODS graphics on;
proc seqdesign altref=0.10
boundaryscale=mle;
OBrienFleming: design method=obf
nstages=4
stop=both
alpha=0.05;
samplesize model=twosamplefreq(nullprop=0.2 test=prop);
ODS output Boundary=Bnd_Count;
run;
ods graphics off;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation