BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
td1345
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey,

I'm using sas and r to perform a glm with poisson distribution. I get the exact same estimates of the coeffs but very different degress och freedom and chisq. 

ods output ParameterEstimates=pe;
proc genmod data=input;
logoffset=log(offset);
model count =  /dist = poisson 
				  link=log
				  offset=logoffset;
run;

R:
glm(count ~ offset(logoffset), family = poisson)

Cant find anything about yates correction in sas proc genmod. Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Your GENMOD code uses the LOGOFFSET variable twice in the model, once as a predictor and then again as an offset (which is also a predictor with parameter estimate restricted to 1). If your purpose is to fit an intercept-only model with an offset, then remove LOGOFFSET prior to the slash (/) to remove it as a redundant predictor from the model.

td1345
Fluorite | Level 6
Oh, that is a typo in my copying, sorry for that.
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

If you are referring to the continuity correction attributed to Yates, see the several options for continuity correction discussed in the description of the TABLES statement in the PROC FREQ documentation. From your code, it seems likely that you are trying to test a binomial proportion, so the BINOMIAL(CORRECT) option might be what you are looking for.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation