BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
aska_ujita
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello there...

I have collected data of behavior of cows.

I collected reactivity of each cow (0=no reactivity and 1=yes) by day of lactation (day 1, 3, 7, 15, 30, 45 and 60).

Half of the animals are treated and other half are control.

I am using GLIMMIX procedure to analize that.

proc glimmix data=A;
class treatment po dl;
model reactivity=treatment dl po treatment*dl treatment*po/ dist=binomial link=logit solution;
random dl/ subject=cow;
run;

treatment is treated or control

po is the parturition order (primiparous and multiparous)

cow is the animal, I have 20 different cows per treatment

dl is the day of lactation (1, 3, 7, 15, 30, 45 and 60)

I am doing like this but didn't converge...

What is wrong??

Thank you very much!!

Aska.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There can be many reasons why the model does not fit the data. I am not an expert on mixed models, but I think you should specify the RESIDUAL option so that GLIMMIX knows you are modeling an R side correlation within each cow's measurements:

random dl / subject=cow residual;

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There can be many reasons why the model does not fit the data. I am not an expert on mixed models, but I think you should specify the RESIDUAL option so that GLIMMIX knows you are modeling an R side correlation within each cow's measurements:

random dl / subject=cow residual;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation