BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
_Rose_
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have a problem in interpreting the result of my exact logistic regression.

Here is my sas program:

PROC LOGISTIC EXACTONLY DATA=COMP_SER1 DESCENDING;
CLASS CL_inj(ref="1")/PARAM=ref;
MODEL SERO_HCV= CL_inj ;
EXACT CL_inj/joint estimate=both;
RUN;

Find attached my output

In the part: "Exact Conditional  tests" I can see that my variable: Cinj that the effect of variable Cinj is significant with all the test.

But when I look at the part: "Exact parameter estimates" I can see that all the parameter of the variable are not significant. 

How can I interprete this?am I wrong with the interpretation of this two part?

How do you interprete this two part?

Thanks for your help!!

Rose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Following up on Rick's comment... If you just change the reference level of your predictor, then one of the parameters will compare levels 2 and 3 and probably will be significant:

CLASS CL_inj(ref="3")/PARAM=ref;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
_Rose_
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks!!!

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The parameter estimates show the difference in the effect of each nonreference level compared to the effect of the reference level. So the effect is important in the model, but the levels '2' and '3' are not significantly different than the reference level '1'.

_Rose_
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot Rick!

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Following up on Rick's comment... If you just change the reference level of your predictor, then one of the parameters will compare levels 2 and 3 and probably will be significant:

CLASS CL_inj(ref="3")/PARAM=ref;

_Rose_
Calcite | Level 5

That's right!

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation