BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
plf515
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello

I am using SAS 9.4 1M5 on Windows

I am doing a meta-analysis (NOTE: SAS should write a PROC META) and found an old paper that uses this statement in PROC MIXED

proc mixed data = DATASET;
class study; model EFFsize = /p s; random study/gdata = g s; repeated diag; make 'predicted' out = predv; make 'SolutionR' out = randv; run;

where Effsize is the effect size and g is a diagonal data set.

However, the code is from version 6 and (unusually for SAS) it doesn't seem to be fully backward compatible.

In particular "p" causes an error and the two MAKE statements cause warnings.

When I try to fix the error caused by p, the first MAKE statement stops working.

Can anyone translate the code to fit SAS 9.4?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
seeff
Obsidian | Level 7

I suspect that I'm oversimplifying your question, but just in case, I'll say that MAKE is obsolete (though currently still working) so you may choose to replace the second statement with :

ODS OUTPUT SolutionR = randv;

I assume that p formerly referred to model predicted values, given the reference to Predicted table name in the MAKE stmt. That's now achieved by adding OUTP=dataname to the model statement.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
seeff
Obsidian | Level 7

I suspect that I'm oversimplifying your question, but just in case, I'll say that MAKE is obsolete (though currently still working) so you may choose to replace the second statement with :

ODS OUTPUT SolutionR = randv;

I assume that p formerly referred to model predicted values, given the reference to Predicted table name in the MAKE stmt. That's now achieved by adding OUTP=dataname to the model statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation