BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yahoo0806
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

It's my first time to use PSMATCH procedure and when I feed my data in proc PSMATCH, no matter how I change my region statement, SAS keeps giving me the error message: The support region does not exist.

I'm wondering what I should check/what might go wrong? Based on this message, from where should I start checking? 

Below is the SAS code I am using:

proc psmatch data=all1 region=allobs;
class treatment;
psmodel treatment(Treated='1')=apoegr age sexcd stage cdrsbbl mmsebl adacogbl eduyrs med sympdur reg plasmaptau;
assess lps var=(apoegr age sexcd stage cdrsbbl mmsebl adacogbl eduyrs med sympdur reg plasmaptau) /
weight=atewgt plots=(boxplot barchart);
output out(obs=all)=out_iptw lps=_lps ps=_ps atewgt=_iptw;
run;

1 REPLY 1
MichaelL_SAS
SAS Employee

I believe the most likely reason for that error would be if there is no overlap in the predicted propensity scores between the two treatment conditions. I think that error will cause PROC PSMATCH to exit before creating the output data set you requested, so to see if there is any overlap in the predicted propensity scores you could try fitting the same model in PROC LOGISTIC and use an output data set it produces to see if there is any overlap between the treatment conditions. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation