BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gjenkins3
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

Newbie here. I'm trying to do a one-way ANOVA using PROC GLM, and everything else comes back fine except for the distribution of change. It provideds what looks like a single negatively sloped line composed of overlapping text.

Here's the code I'm using:

proc glm data=work.proceval plots=diagnostics;

class coalinfo4;

model change=coalinfo4;

means coalinfo4 / hovtest;

run;

coalinfo4 is a categorical variable with three response options. I had previously run an ANOVA and it represented the categories as 1, 2, and 3, and was showing the Distribution of Change chart. I forgot to save the syntax, though, and now it represents the categories on the output as the entire text of the category and doesn't display the D of C chart.

Suggestions???

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Perhaps the coalinfo4 variable contains many more than three categories? Use PROC FREQ to find out.

Since you didn't post code, try using a standard SAS example data set in the SASHELP libref. For example, here is your syntax applied to SASHELP.cars. Which plot are you asking about?

proc glm data=sashelp.cars plots=diagnostics;
class origin;
model mpg_city = origin;
means origin / hovtest;
run;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation