BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ltjansen22
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I have a deidentified dataset of longterm care facility residents. I have 6 months worth of data where a MD diagnosed malnutrition based on weight. Binary variable = MD_mal (1 or 0).

My plan is to have an RD, blinded to the MD_mal column assess the same dataset by applying their approach to diagnosing malnutrition which will include weight, caloric intake, grip strength etc. which will result in Binary variable = RD_mal. I would then like to compare MD_mal vs RD_mal incidence over time (6-months). What would be the best statistical test? repeated measures ANOVA? Can I even use it or does it not meet assumptions? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you much in advance,

Lisa

2 REPLIES 2
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Assuming you have an assessment by both MD and RD for a subject at each of multiple times, then you could fit a logistic GEE model. Using the Generalized Estimating Equations example in the Getting Started example in the GENMOD chapter, CITY is like your MD/RD and AGE is like your time variable. The TYPE3 option allows you to assess if there is a significant interaction between MD/RD and time. Assuming it is, then the SLICE statement shows a comparison of MD vs RD at each time point. If it isn't significant and you decide to drop the interaction, then you would just specify MD/RD in an LSMEANS statement with the DIFF option.

proc genmod data=six;
class case city age;
model wheeze = city|age / dist=b type3;
repeated subject=case / type=exch;
slice city*age / sliceby=age diff ilink means cl plot=none;
run;

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation