BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dcortell
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All

By applying the following code, I receive the following results.

I'm quite surprised by the significance of the Exact Rend test results, as the positive effect (opportunity-new) row percentage seems

pretty alternating overtime, and I would expect a no presence of any trend effect.

My question is, There could be something ongoing here which I'm missing that could make the test not reliable?

Bests

Capture.PNG

proc freq data=lead_att (where=(outcome_rev2 is not missing and outcome_rev2 not like '%Existing%') );
tables yy_event*outcome_rev2/cmh chisq nopercent nocol nopct trend ;
exact trend;
run;
4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

I think you could trust result :  there is a trend due to p-value <0.05.

But the problem is you have a WARNING: count less than 5. if you could get rid of this warning that would be perfect.

dcortell
Pyrite | Level 9

The warning should not be a problem here, as the Exact Cochran Test is intended to manage cases like these were obs<5 are present in cells.

Ksharp
Super User

OK. You are right. EXACT test take care of this situation.

Ksharp
Super User

I think you could trust result :  there is a trend due to p-value <0.05.

But the problem is you have a WARNING: count less than 5. if you could get rid of this warning that would be perfect.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation