BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rebeccachau
Obsidian | Level 7

Is it possible to model for more than one type of cluster with GEE? I have been attempting to cluster not only by participant (within-person correlation T1 to T2, only two measurement points) as well as by facility in which each participant resided (nursing home). However, I notice with my SAS syntax that when I include modelling by facility (by including my variable "FAC" in the CLASS line), that the estimates are identical to when I do not include this variable. This makes me think that something is awry. Here is my code (which uses multiple imputation):

PROC GENMOD DATA=LONGGEE;

CLASS ID TIME FAC;

MODEL GDS=DAYSOLD GENDER EDUCCOLL ADL COGTOTSAS NHP PEFITTOTSAS SD SOCTOTSAS / DIST=POISSON LINK=LOG COVB;

SCALE=1;

BY _Imputation_;

REPEATED SUBJECT=ID / TYPE=unstr MODELSE PRINTMLE MCOVB ECOVB CORRW;

ODS OUTPUT

ParameterEstimates=norepeat_est

Covb=norepeat_covb

ParmInfo=parminfo

GEEModPEst=mod_est

GEENCov=mod_covb

GEEEmpPEst=emp_est

GEERCov=emp_covb

;

RUN;

PROC MIANALYZE parms = norepeat_est covb = norepeat_covb parminfo=parminfo;

CLASS ID TIME FAC;

MODELEFFECTS DAYSOLD GENDER EDUCCOLL ADL COGTOTSAS NHP PEFITTOTSAS SD SOCTOTSAS;

RUN;

PROC MIANALYZE parms = mod_est covb = mod_covb parminfo=parminfo;

CLASS ID TIME FAC;

MODELEFFECTS DAYSOLD GENDER EDUCCOLL ADL COGTOTSAS NHP PEFITTOTSAS SD SOCTOTSAS;

RUN;

PROC MIANALYZE parms=emp_est covb=emp_covb parminfo=parminfo;

CLASS ID TIME FAC;

RUN;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

See this note, particularly the last section on nested structures.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation