BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kiran26
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

One of our scoring job in SAS is throwing me an error as below. We are using TGSCORE function in data step in SAS EG program. TGSCORE function is eminer function and we dont have eminer app. 

We are using SAS9.4 M7 version.  Can we use TGSCORE in SAS EG program without having SAS Eminer? Please advise.

NOTE: Reading configuration file.
ERROR: The scoring terminated without completion.
ERROR: Unexpected error detected in function TGSCORE:
ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kiran26
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes... seems some memory issue at configuration level working closely with SAS admin team to figure it out what exactly happening. I have one more doubt since it is text analytics function tgscore () . depending upon the data it is creating some nodes as an workflow out put to the output window or process flow window or there is some restriction it seems to create or process limited outputs. I will get back to you with full details after the issue is fixed. Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

No, but the error message you have looks different than just not knowing about the function.

2079  data x;
2080   x=tgscore();
         -------
ERROR 68-185: The function TGSCORE is unknown, or cannot be accessed.

2081  run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
WARNING: The data set WORK.X may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 1 variables.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
      real time           0.03 seconds
      cpu time            0.00 seconds
Kiran26
Fluorite | Level 6
When I ran same code I got the below error message
27 ! data x;
28 x=tgscore();run;
_______

ERROR 71-185: The TGSCORE function call does not have enough arguments.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Kiran26 wrote:
When I ran same code I got the below error message
27 ! data x;
28 x=tgscore();run;
_______

ERROR 71-185: The TGSCORE function call does not have enough arguments.

So you have the function.  Now you need to actually debug your code and understand why it is causing the error you posted in the first message. 

Kiran26
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes... seems some memory issue at configuration level working closely with SAS admin team to figure it out what exactly happening. I have one more doubt since it is text analytics function tgscore () . depending upon the data it is creating some nodes as an workflow out put to the output window or process flow window or there is some restriction it seems to create or process limited outputs. I will get back to you with full details after the issue is fixed. Thank you.
Kiran26
Fluorite | Level 6
Finally we understood that TGSCORE is a Eminer function and cannot be used in SAS EG with out having SAS EMINER license. In our case we have SAS EMINER license and the error was due to insufficient memory at configuration level, TGSCORE function ended up with unexpected error. SAS Admin team has increased the swap space in configuration file and the failed job went successful. Thanks you all.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation