BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
acardenz
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have data with a binary response (event, no event) and a continuous dependent variable (e.g. dose).

I am interested in the value needed of the dependent variable to achive a probability of response of 30%.

I have used the model estimates from proc logistic to identify the point esimtate for the dependent variable (e.g. with my data a dose of 252mg produces a predicted probability of event of 30%). In addition to the point estimate, I am interested in obtaining a 95% confidence interval for this value. Lower= and upper= options in the output statement give the range for the probability at a given dependent variable value. I want the opposite - I want the range for the dependent variable at a given probability. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe this is known as the LD30 value (lethal dose=0.3), You can use PROC PROBIT to obtain a point estimate for the X value as well as an (inverse) CI for the value. See the last example at

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2020/12/07/transplant-indoor-christmas-tree.html

which includes a link to the PROC PROBIT documentation. Note that the example uses LD50, so you'll have to modify the INVERSECL option to be

INVERSECL(prob=0.3)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe this is known as the LD30 value (lethal dose=0.3), You can use PROC PROBIT to obtain a point estimate for the X value as well as an (inverse) CI for the value. See the last example at

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2020/12/07/transplant-indoor-christmas-tree.html

which includes a link to the PROC PROBIT documentation. Note that the example uses LD50, so you'll have to modify the INVERSECL option to be

INVERSECL(prob=0.3)

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation