BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9

According to the documentation at

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/grstatproc/p0i3rles1y5mvsn1hrq3i2271rmi.htm

I can write:

markerattrs=(color=lightgreen size=10 symbol=trianglefilled)

When I do this in my program, I have:

WillTheKiwi_0-1666211360761.png

Notice that I have inserted it as a screen capture, and that the word "symbol" has not rendered in blue. Sure enough, SGPLOT has not recognized this option word and has not plotted filled triangles. I am running it with styleattrs, but starring that off makes no difference.

This appears to be a pretty fundamental bug, so maybe I am doing something wrong, I can't figure it out. I don't know what else to try. I have searched the web and the FAQs before posting this help request.

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks heaps for the quick reply. I tried deleting filledoutlinedmarkers and adding markeroutlineattrs and markerfillattrs, but I got a symbol filled with black:
scatter x=&X.Delta y=&Y.DeltaCon/markerattrs=(symbol=trianglefilled size=12) markeroutlineattrs=(color=black) markerfillattrs=(color=white)
But it didn't quite work. When I added filledoutlinedmarkers back in, it worked:
scatter x=&X.Delta y=&Y.DeltaCon/filledoutlinedmarkers markerattrs=(symbol=trianglefilled size=12) markeroutlineattrs=(color=black) markerfillattrs=(color=white)
So problem solved, but the documentation needs updating. In spite of what the documentation states, symbol= does not work within markerattrs=.

Will

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9
Sorry, in case it matters, I am using SAS Studio in SAS ODA.
Reeza
Super User

It seems to interact with the filledoutlinedmarkers option. With out that you get what you want.

From the documentation, it notes to use:

Use the MARKERFILLATTRS= and MARKEROUTLINEATTRS= options to specify attributes for the fill and outline.

@WillTheKiwi wrote:

According to the documentation at

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/grstatproc/p0i3rles1y5mvsn1hrq3i2271rmi.htm

I can write:

markerattrs=(color=lightgreen size=10 symbol=trianglefilled)

When I do this in my program, I have:

WillTheKiwi_0-1666211360761.png

Notice that I have inserted it as a screen capture, and that the word "symbol" has not rendered in blue. Sure enough, SGPLOT has not recognized this option word and has not plotted filled triangles. I am running it with styleattrs, but starring that off makes no difference.

This appears to be a pretty fundamental bug, so maybe I am doing something wrong, I can't figure it out. I don't know what else to try. I have searched the web and the FAQs before posting this help request.

Will

WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks heaps for the quick reply. I tried deleting filledoutlinedmarkers and adding markeroutlineattrs and markerfillattrs, but I got a symbol filled with black:
scatter x=&X.Delta y=&Y.DeltaCon/markerattrs=(symbol=trianglefilled size=12) markeroutlineattrs=(color=black) markerfillattrs=(color=white)
But it didn't quite work. When I added filledoutlinedmarkers back in, it worked:
scatter x=&X.Delta y=&Y.DeltaCon/filledoutlinedmarkers markerattrs=(symbol=trianglefilled size=12) markeroutlineattrs=(color=black) markerfillattrs=(color=white)
So problem solved, but the documentation needs updating. In spite of what the documentation states, symbol= does not work within markerattrs=.

Will
Reeza
Super User

If FILLEDOUTLINEMARKERS option is NOT specified then use MARKERATTRS. 

If FILLEDOUTLINEMARKERS option is specified, then use MARKEROUTLINEATTRS and MARKERFILLATTRS options. 

WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks, Reeza, Maybe the documentation should be clearer on this point. Getting filled outlined symbols is something we do often. "If you want filled outlined markers, you must use filledoutlinedmarkers, and markerattrs will then work only for size and symbol, but not color. Use markeroutlineattrs=(color=black) markerfillattrs=(color=whatever) to specify outline and fill colors."
Reeza
Super User

At the top of the documentation page is a Feedback link, feel free to suggest it to SAS (I'm not affiliated with SAS in any manner).  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation