BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jack_Smitherson
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey everyone, 

I am calculating the age standardized rate for a particualr outcome with the folloiwng coe: 

proc stdrate data=file
refdata=file_standpop
method=direct
stat=rate(mult=100000)
CL=gamma 
;

population event=events total=population;
reference total=weight;
strata age_groups;
run;

Upon runing the code, I get an overall age standardized rate for that specific year. How can I attain the rate for each age group and not just the overall rate?

Also, would it be possible to attain the standardized rate for each age group categorized by another dimension such as gender or income? How to go about coding that? 

Thansk in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

That's not the definition of Age Standardized Rate...but my stats is getting rusty these days.

How are you defining the 'age standardized rate' for an age group? Or are you looking for the crude rate?

This is the definition I'm used to working with:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/dai/btd/asr

Jack_Smitherson
Fluorite | Level 6

The data is from a cross-sectional survey. I'm attempting to calculate the age-standardized prevalence rate. I have counts for outcome of interest, age groups, and a standard population. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation