BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jessho
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am trying to run a mixed-effects logistic regression model looking at the odds of receiving a prescription (rx).  In my model, I am including physician and patient factors like age and sex, etc (X, Y, Z).  However, I wanted to account for clustering by physician (physician_ID) in my dataset with a fixed effects model.  I am having trouble figuring out which command/syntax is appropriate since this is not normal proc logit to account for clustering by physician_ID.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

SInce you speak of clustering by physician, I assume you are dealing with a survey. (Is that correct?)

In that case, you should use the CLUSTER command in PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC.

--
Paige Miller
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

If it is not survey sample data, but just clusters of correlated observations, then there are several types of models you can consider: a random effects logistic model (RANDOM statement in PROC GLIMMIX), a logistic Generalized Estimating Equations (GEE) model (REPEATED statement in PROC GEE or PROC GENMOD), or a conditional logistic model (sometimes called a "fixed effects" model, STRATA statement in PROC LOGISTIC). See the discussion and examples in the documentation for these procedures. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation