BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
michael90
Calcite | Level 5

I installed the SAS toolkit. The sample uses meta/sourcedata/data from a XML file via create_sascrtdds_fromxml.sas and create_sourcemetadata.sas as described in 'Two-way Ticket, Please... All aboard the SAS® Clinical Standards Toolkit 1.5 Express' by Gene Lightfoot and Lex Jansen.

However, in my case I only have SDTM data. How should I start when the only I have are the domains in SDTM xpt/sas7bdat files? Does the SDTM mechanism in the accompanied macro's add some things like descriptions from the standard? And what should I define manually (from scratch)? source_columns, source_tables, source_values, source_documents, source_study? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Lex_SAS
SAS Employee

The sample driver <Sample Library>\cdisc-sdtm-3.1.3-1.5\sascstdemodata\programs\create_sourcemetadata.sas contains an example that derives source metadata from either a define.xml file, or a single library of SAS data sets. In the case of SAS data sets as input, you will have to change the macro variable:

%let _cstSrcType=SDTMLIBRARY; as documented in the program header. This will the create source_study, source_tables and source_columns. When applicable, source_values and source_documents data have to be created from scratch, or customized from a define.xml import.

Lex Jansen @SAS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation