BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi All,

I have a variable whose values are both numeric and charaacters.e.g., 14.2 MG/DL, 19.2 %, no result 12.13 mmol/l, etc... its a mixed of different units r values. My question is 'Is it possible to read only the numeric portion of these values ie. 14.2, 19.2 (if it is text mark as .) 12.13, etc....Will this work with substring & scan function.

It would b helpful if I can have the solution ASAP.
Thanks in advance.
Priya
2 REPLIES 2
Calcite | Level 5
I start with scan and see how far that gets you. You could even add a scan for the second 'word' if you want to capture the units of measure.

For example:
data work.values;
input valstr $16.;
cards;
14.2 MG/DL
19.2 %
no result
12.13 mmol/l
;
run;

data work.values;
set work.values;
length valnum 8.;
valnum = scan(valstr, 1, " ");
run;
deleted_user
Not applicable
hai,

i have seen once u posted that u have SAS certicifation question bank.Can u forward to me. I am planning to take Base SAS certification exam in next month.

Thanqs in advance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation